At SAWC #4 We Tangibly Extend Hope to Those in Need.
Every Wednesday afternoon from 3:00-4:30pm during the school year we provide a free tutoring and homework assistance program at our Family Center (located directly behind the main church building). Every week it is packed with volunteers who care and kids who need a safe space to complete their homework and a little additional help and encouragement along the way. We also make sure to give them a snack to boost their spirits.
SAWC Homework Academy exists to serve local elementary age children who need help with their schooling. Indiana certified teachers along with supervised, background checked, and coached volunteers collaborate with area teachers and parents to offer:
- Specific identified interventions
- Reading fluency, Reading comprehension, Decoding, Math Skills, etc.
- Weekly assistance with classroom homework
- Self-confidence through one-to-one mentoring
- Open communication with parents and families for self-help skills
WILL YOU CONSIDER BEING A HOMEWORK BUDDY?
*All that is required is at least a 10th Grade education and a willingness to serve.*
Contact us at SAWCHomeworkAcademy@gmail.com